I attended our District 5789 recognition last week in Minnesota. I had the chance to sit with some lovely local reps and a fellow super sweet Rep from another District. All the Avon Representatives in the room must have sold over $10,000 the previous year to be invited. Of course I was oohing and ahhing over dollar amounts some of these Reps and their teams have sold and we celebrated their accomplishments… But it was the ladies who have been in this business 20 years, 30 years, 40 years, all the way up to 68 years that really brought me joy and happiness. The smiles and the pride they showed is very hard to explain and I had goosebumps thinking about their marvelous journeys. These women have seen it all and they powered through some difficult times to be honored in front of a room full of Avon family.
I have been with Avon since Sept 2013. I have loved every part of my own journey this far… I have set goals and aimed for them, made more goals and aimed for them, and so on… I have built a great customer base, a great team, and above all I have brought my own immediate family on this adventure. I take pride in my community, in my daughter’s private school, I barely say no to volunteerism, and I have never let down a fellow Avon sister when it comes to advice, encouragement, and the desire for the them to feel fulfilled in this business. I especially take time for my customers… I enjoy conversations, help them if needed when I arrive to deliver books and brochures, and make sure they are enjoying the high quality products they deserve.
I was very honored to be the SPIRIT OF AVON AWARD in my District. I know my District Sales Manager Joan has really taken me under wing and watched me blossom. I couldn’t be here today without her optimism, her encouragement, her Avon Spirit…
Here is what the SPIRIT OF AVON AWARD entails:
“The SPIRIT OF AVON award is an award given from the heart. The heart of a Manager- and the heart of Avon. It is often hard to choose just one recipient because there are so many special Representatives. However, one person’s incredible spirit stands out above the rest. Not necessarily because of sales volume or recruiting excellence, but because of an attitude of giving, sharing, and selflessness. This person gives of themselves continually. They build their own business by professionally and courteously serving their customers. They care about and share with other Representatives, as well as all who have the privilege of crossing their path. This Representative is a friend, a teacher, and a blessing. They are the SPIRIT OF AVON”
Everyone in that room deserved that award, some already have… My Spirit of Avon comes from within, it’s the passion I show and belief in this great company…
I am honored, I am humble, I am kind… I am an Avon Representative.
Hi there! My name is Monica Hertzog. I live in a very rural town in Central MN, about 2500 in population. I have been an Avon Representative since September 2013. I have sold Avon at our President’s Club level in both 2014 and 2015 and I am on track to do this again in 2016, even better. I have a great team, known as the GoalGetters.
I love my Avon business, it has offered me fulfillment, made me more confident, and am able to work from home while raising two little girls; one school age, the other home full time.
I am not even close to where I would like to be with this company, as, unlike other jobs, I can go as far as I want to go… But,I would like to offer you some insight on “How to Be a Successful Avon Lady” today.
- Commit– Once you sign yourself up at Avon I highly would make goals for yourself. How many people do you think you could touch with this business?? Once you start handing out brochures.. DON’T STOP!!!! At Avon, we have biweekly brochures, which you need to keep handing them out.. GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE!!!! Customers will find other ways to get their Avon if you fall out of this routine!! Look at Avon is a structured business where you will pay yourself every two weeks!
- Consistency- Again this can apply to committing, but be consistent… Know what days your orders are due. Find out when you can connect with your customers.. You are offered a FREE Website that your customers can shop 24/7, make sure they know this. Find the time to work your business that you wanted to start from the beginning. Remember, you wanted an extra job or stay at home job… but you NEED TO WORK IT!!
- Attitude– This is a big one for me! Be OPTIMISTIC! You are running your own business with a very prestigious name and history. Remember you are representing many Avon Reps before you. The legacy of the Avon Lady should show positiveness. If you become negative your customers will gather this and most likely will not want to shop with you.
- Fun– Who doesn’t like to play with makeup and jewelry? Who doesn’t like the benefits of discounts on skincare and fashion? I do understand some women are not fashionistas, but pampering yourself from time to time can play a part in a person’s confidence.
- Acknowledge- I personally don’t like to look at my customers and the members of my downline as numbers. THEY ARE PEOPLE with FEELings.. I try my best to take time for my customers. I do my best to connect with my downline on a regular basis via FB, email, texts… People love to be appreciated so ACKNOWLEDGE THEM!!